Monday, February 25, 2013

The Next Big Thing


My partner in rooming and doffing, Jen Coleman, has tagged me in a series of cryptic chainletters. It involves answering a series of questions revolving around a hypothetical, but unnamed "book," which I will pretend is referring to my forthcoming chapbook "10th Spectral Cannon," published by Hank's Original Loose Gravel (hanksoriginal.com).  


What is the working title of the book? 10th Spectral Cannon


 Where did the idea come from for the book? It's a section of a larger book, which is technically untitled but always gets called Spectral Cannon. 


 What genre does your book fall under? Colorful poetry.


 What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie
 rendition? Gibby Haynes from the Butthole Surfers as an ampersand. Leo Daedalus as Ron Silliman. Richard Froude as all of the orange sentences. Homer Simpson's voice as the person talking about the dragonfly. Jen Coleman as the tongue-in-cheek sentences. That guy from Tron as Jeff Diteman.


 What is the one sentence synopsis of your book? Supercritical bottleneck.


 How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript? As a formalist, that is hopelessly complicated.


 Who or what inspired you to write this book? I had a dream where I thought I could write all these sentences in different colors, and then if I wrote them again in yet different colors they would say something different entirely. I thought it was a Ron Silliman thing. It was. He needs to acknowledge this.


 What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? It's designed by Morgan Ritter. She is a famous artist. 


 Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? Jim McCrary is no ordinary agency.


 My tagged writers for next Wednesday are:  Crag Hill, Morgan Ritter, Paul Maziar, Chris Ashby, Sam Lohmann.

No comments: